How to Set-up Email Signature on iPhone and iPad
Introduction on email signature on iPhone
Email signatures are a perfect way to add a professional touch to the end of your message, as well as an element of authenticity. You can personalise this signature to your heart’s content, whether you want to take a business-like approach or one with a more personal feel or even a hint of comedy, it’s entirely up to you. Many people opt to include contact details in their email signatures in order to facilitate conversation across different mediums, whichever method works for you is fine. Regardless of which approach you’d like to take, the ideal scenario is that this process doesn’t take up too much of your precious time because as we all know, time is money.
One way you can set up an email signature in a time-efficient manner is to do set up an iOS email signature on your iPhone or iPad. In order to combat this, we have designed a 10-step process for designing your new signature. This is a very straightforward process and takes very little time if done correctly, so follow these simple steps and we will have your brand new iOS email signature in no time!
10 Step Guide for email signature on iPhone
1) Open the settings app on your phone or iPad, as demonstrated in the picture:
2) Press “Mail”
3) Select “Signature” towards the bottom of the bottom. If you have more than one email account they will all appear here, and they will each have their own personalised signature depending on whether or not you have already set one up.
4) Press “All Accounts” if you want to set up a comprehensive email signature across all of your accounts, or “Per Account” if you want to set them up on an individual basis.
5) Once you’ve selected the desired account, simply proceed to delete the current signature and type in the signature you want.
6) In order to use formatting, press and hold any part of the signature text until a magnifying glass appears, then drag the handles to select the piece of text which you wish to include in the formatting. You will then see a menu, from which you will need to select the “BIU” tab.
7) Choose the option you desire from these choices in order to apply the formatting to your selected piece of text.
8) Tap away from the selected text, and to repeat the process simple select another piece of text and follow steps 6 & 7 again.
9) To save your changes, simply tap the arrow at the top left of the screen to exit the menu and confirm your alterations.
10) Exit “Settings”.
Or you can do it this way:
Tips For Changing Your Email Signature On iPhone
Tired of seeing “Sent from my iPhone” on the bottom of each email you send out? Believe it or not, but changing your email signature on iPhone is easier than you might think. Below, we will be going over some of the tips not only for changing it but what you might want to change it to.
Changing Your Email Signature On iPhones:
1. Navigating To The Signature Field.
First, you will need to click on “Settings.” Once you navigate over to the “Settings” of your iPhone, you will want to tap on “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” and scroll down until you find the signature. Once you click on it, you should be presented with a text box with your current signature on it. From there on, you can simply edit the text. You have multiple options. For one, you can delete the entire thing and replace it with nothing. However, you can also decide to replace the text and signature with something else. However, you will be limited to plain text as you cannot add HTML to your signature.
If you are looking to use your email for business, you might want to include your name, contact information, and some other pertinent information. That way, you won’t have to consistently type in your contact information for each email individually. However, if the email is primarily for personal use, you might want to either leave it blank or possibly put a catchphrase you enjoy.
2. Different Options You Can Choose From.
When it comes to setting your email signature, you will also need to choose whether or not you want to change the settings for all of your accounts or specific individual accounts. You will be presented with this option while you are in the process of changing your signature. If you want to have different signatures for each of your accounts, you can simply choose the “Per Account” option which will allow you to set individual signatures for each.
3. Tips For Professionals.
If you are going to be using the signature feature as a business professional, you will want to be sure to limit your signature to a maximum of four lines of text. Having anything more is going to look cluttered and messy. Depending on what you are doing day-to-day with your phone and who you are sending emails to on a regular basis, you might want to incorporate specific information that relates to your emails. For instance, if you are looking to promote yourself, you might include your LinkedIn information. If you are a someone with your own blog, you might promote your blog on your signature. If you are an accomplished published author, you might include that in your signature. There are a lot of things that you can do in order to use the signature feature for your own benefit.
Changing your email signature has never been easier. Whether you are looking to change your email signature with your iPhone or iPad, the process will be the same on all iOS devices.